Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pre-Writing for Personal Narrative

#1: When I knew that I was a Republican, and that I believed in everything a Republican believes in.
- pro-life
- conservative
- limited government
- major part of who I am

#2: When I realized that I want to be a nurse.
- I want to help others.
- I never thought I would ever do anything related to the medical field.
- I will carry on the "family business."


1 comment:

  1. I think both would be interesting overall. The second one could be interesting in the fact that it has to do with your family. This could make the connection that much stronger in writing an account about why you want to become a nurse. If you do go with this one, is there a certain event(s) that stand out to you that helped you make this decision? Remember that a narrative should focus on telling a story. It should appeal more to the emotions of the reader rather than just explaining something. I think the first prompt, while interesting, may not lend itself to a more story-driven sort of essay.

    Then again, I could be wrong. It's totally up to you. I'm not given a ton to work with here since your response is in brief spurts. For the next free writing, be sure to elaborate and write it out in paragraph form. This will help you think through your ideas in a more clear manner and give me a better idea of what to suggest.

    ReplyDelete