I'm one of those people who generally don't like to write for fun. Most say I have neat handwriting, but I usually hate the thought of writing a paper or essay. Maybe the only time that I actually start to like writing is when I get to write about a topic that I am really passionate about. Things like that could include politics, history, etc. All in all, I think I am a decent writer.
I believe I have come a long way in improving my writing skills over the years. However, my weakest area in writing is personal essays. I feel sometimes that I don't have enough to talk about in a personal essay. When I'm assigned more of a research or topic essay, I feel I'm better at researching different points to talk about and am better able to elaborate on those details. When I'm assigned a major writing assignment, and we're given ample time to complete it, I have my own way of doing it. First, if there's any research that I need to do, I give myself enough time to do that. I also make sure I have enough details to go with it also. Second, I write a rough draft, that will have many red marks by the time I'm done revising it. Finally, when I know I'm satisfied with my rough draft and have made all the revisions, I type my final draft. I'm also one of those people that even after I finish my rough draft is always looking for ways to make it better.
I'm excited to be taking English 101 and 102 because I will be able to earn college credit sooner. These courses will also let me have a feel for what college English will be like and what I can expect. One apprehension that I have is that we might do a lot of papers and I won' t be ready or that I won't have the necessary writing techniques to make a very good paper. I am looking forward, however, to getting the experience of writing research papers at the college level and learning the necessary skills to become a great writer.
I guess we'll be getting the hard essay out of the way first then! I hope the personal essay won't be too challenging for you to write. We'll be getting many opportunities to write, and I stress the process of writing over anything else. It sounds like you already have the idea of the writing process down.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to be able to teach this course and give you the opportunity to earn some college credit. It'll be great getting to know you as the year goes along, too! Keep your head up and don't fall behind, and you'll be fine.
10/10